I am really enjoying this blanket now.
I decided to rip back each square to 8 rounds and then border in grey, joining as I go.
I lost a few squares as they were 7 or less rounds but I still have a few squares to work on.
This can also be an ongoing project as I always have socks on the needles so can add squares until it really is the size I want.
The squares I have pulled out I kept the wool and I am thinking of maybe doing 3 or 4 round hexagons and randomly joining as I go. Using up spare scraps of any wool.
Until then I am enjoying working on this on an evening as Hubs sleeps on the settee and Sox sleeps on the floor.