Ok, so it was finished a day late.
In my defence Gail only chose the yarn on Monday and decided she’d like a scarf from it….by Wednesday,
I did a simple 25 chain and crocheted 25 double crochets on each row.
I did want to knit it but even though the ball band says this is double knit, it isn’t. It’s more a thin 4 ply.
I did swatch, which I never do and crochet looked and felt best.
It ended up 6″ x 62″. Perfect size for Gail. I delivered it last night and she seemed pleased.
This is the same yarn as the woven scarf from a previous post.
The woven scarf has been gifted to a new home as I realised it wasn’t the metallic which irritated me, it was the 10% mohair.
I do like the way it looks totally different crocheted to how it looks woven.
I have a ball of greens too which I may crochet into hexagons and join together to form a scarf in black. I’m thinking it could give like a stained glass window effect as each hexagon will be different. Lots of ideas spinning round the noggin.